Tuesday, February 21st
1. Check your score from the "Up From Slavery" Assessment posted in Google Classroom on February 9th. The score reflects how well you used text evidence to support your answer.
If you received a 1 or 2, you must come in during lunch to fix this assignment, unless you get permission from Ms. Britton to complete it at home.
If you received a 3, you can leave your work as it is but you are also welcome to make changes to get a 4.
2. Read pages 1, 2, & 4 of this article.
3. Respond to the following prompt in your notebook:
What do you think it would have been like to live in the early 1900s?
What would have been some good things about it?
How has life changed for kids since the early 1900s?
What do you think a child living in the early 1900s would think of the way kids live today? What do you think life will be like for kids 100 years from now?
What we're doing today:
1. Bell Ringer
2. Community Time
3. Mini-lesson: Intro to Unit 5: Disasters of the Early 1900s
4. Activity: Unit 5: Activity 1 in Google Classroom.
Homework: You should finish and turn in any classwork that was not finished in class. If you've been absent, you need to catch up! Everybody should read a choice book.